The word 'arthritis' means 'inflammation of the joints'. It is derived from two Greek words: athron, meaning joints; and itis, meaning inflammation. It is, generally, a chronic disease process. Arthritis occurs in various forms, the most frequent being osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease which usually occurs in the older age-group. Rheumatoid arthritis is a serious disease which affects not only the joints of the fingers, wrists, hips, knees, and feet, but also the muscles, tendons and other tissues of the body.
Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis
Arthritis means inflammation of a joint. There are over a hundred different forms of arthritis which can be subdivided into the following three major categories: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and Gout. However, they all have the following common symptoms at the joint: redness, stiffness, swelling, and pain.
* Rheumatoid Arthritis typically affects the small finger joints, wrists, knees and toes. All joints of the body, however, are potential targets.
* Osteoarthritis can affect any joint, but commonly occurs in the hips, knees, feet and spine.
* Gout symptoms typically occur in lower limbs and first target the big toes. Pain can become so severe that even the weight of socks or bed sheets could be unbearable.
Arthritis can affect both women and men of almost all age groups and of all races. However, women are three times more vulnerable to arthritis than men. About 80 percent of patients of Rheumatoid Arthritis are between the ages of 35 and 50 but 65 to 85 percent of patients with Osteoarthritis are over the age of 65.
Home Remedy For Arthritis
* An effective way to get relief from the pain of arthritis is to massage the affected area with warm olive oil.
* Mix olive oil with diluted garlic, juniper, lavender, sage, rosemary, thyme, or sassafras oil. The mix should be in the ratio of 1:10, where 10 represent the parts of olive oil. Massage this mixture over the affected area.
* Steam baths and body massage have also proved worthwhile for people suffering from arthritis.
* The person suffering from arthritis should consume food items rich in calcium, zinc and vitamin C.
* An efficient home remedy for arthritis would be to have fresh potato juice in the morning. The juice should comprise of 50 percent potato juice and 50 percent water.
* The simplest home remedy for arthritis would be to rub the affected area with warm vinegar, just before sleeping.
* Mix 10 grams of camphor with 200 grams of mustard oil. Keep this mixture in a tightly corked bottle and expose it to sunlight, daily, until the camphor melts. Regularly massage the affected area with this mixture.
* Grind four peeled pieces of garlic, along with two grams of Sprague. Dip this mixture in 30 grams mustard oil and heat, on low flame, for 1-2 minutes. Massage the aching joints with this oil, after cooling it down, to get relief from pain and swelling.
Find powerful herbal remedies
Natural Remedies for Arthritis
* Rheumatoid arthritis can be cured by consuming a few grams of fresh or powdered ginger per day, along with water.
* Add 4 tbsp of Epsom salt to your bath, filled with warm water. Bathing with this water will help reduce inflammation and stiffness of joints.
* Massaging with castor oil also reduces the pains, thereby providing relief from arthritis.
* People facing arthritis problem should relax in a tub of warm water, to which a cupful of sea salt has been added.
* Eggplant is also helpful in curing arthritis. Bake one or two eggplant, mash them and fry the resultant pulp in castor oil. Add spices, such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic and salt and cook for a few seconds. Have this, once a day, for about two to three months.
Relief from Arthritis Pain
Herbal Remedies and also more read on herbalcureindia.com