The “common cold” is one of the most frequent of all causes of loss in wages and salary, not to mention joy of life. There are very few people who have not had numerous colds, and comparatively few who escape at least one cold during the winter or colder months. It would be no exaggeration to say that scores of people every year literally cough themselves into their graves. A cough is one of the first and most prominent symptoms of a cold, and a cold neglected or wrongly treated is one of the first symptoms that a coffin soon will be needed. Note that I say, “a cold neglected or wrongly treated,” for neither a say, “a cold neglected or wrongly treated,” for neither a cough nor a cold will necessarily kill unless wrongly treated or allowed to develop into a more serious malady.
Cold & Cough Symptoms
Following are the signs that indicate the presence of this ailment:
• Running or blocked nose
• Sore throat
• Low fever with body pain
• Loss of appetite
Cold & Cough Causes
The aggravation of kapha due to the intake of cold food, drinks and fried stuff etc causes cough. Seasonal changes is also one of the reasons for cough Improper digestion of food transforms into a mucus toxin (Ama) and this circulates through the body and reaches the respiratory system, where it causes colds and coughs.
Cold & Cough Remedies
• The body should be kept warm - especially the feet, chest, throat and head. Sweating is very helpful.
• Take half a teaspoon of ginger juice with half a teaspoon of honey, three times a day (morning, noon and night). In winter, warm the mixture by mixing a teaspoon of warm water in it.
• Mix half a cup of warm water with one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey.
Dosage: Take several times a day.
• In cases of dry cough (especially during the night), peel a small piece of fresh ginger. Sprinkle some salt on it and chew.
• Take equal amounts of cardamom, ginger powder, black pepper and cinnamon (1 teaspoon each). Add sugar equal to the total amount of mixture and grind to make a fine powder.
Find powerful herbal remedies
Ayurvedic remedy for Cough and Cold
Dosage: Take half a teaspoon twice daily, with honey or warm water after meals.
• In cases of sore throat, a clove or two cardamoms or a few raisins can be chewed.Gargling with warm salty water two to three times a day is also beneficial.
The cough resulting from urethra stricture or irritation many require the passage of a cold metal sound by a physician. The dilation of the urethra canal often will ease up, reflexly, the condition in the larynx responsible for the cough.
But sometimes this cough will be relieved by the hot shallow sitz-bath--sitting in six inches or so of hot water, knees drawn up so that just the perineum and part of the hips and the feet are in the water. This may continue for from ten to thirty minutes, keeping the water hot by frequently adding additional water after allowing some to escape.
Herbal Supplements and also more read on ayurvedicherbalcure.com